Photobucket
"We become what we want to be, by consistantly being what we want to become."

~Richard G. Scott

Friday, July 11, 2008

Independence Day

Now I think this is one of the busiest days at the Jones home. First we wake up and go the church for the annual walk at 7 am. At 8 am everyone is back at the church where we had a flag raising ceremony (Ross actually put the flag pole up at their church for his Eagle Scout project). After that they gave us cinnamon rolls. Paul, Ross and I were actually the only ones to do the walk, and we went and got Grandma, Mariah, Megan and Ellie (they were ready) for the Flag raising. Then we rushed home and got everyone and went to the park by 8:30 for another annual breakfast of pancakes, eggs and ham. As soon as we were done there, we went to the St. Paul parade which started and 10am. In St. Paul there is also a rodeo (which we went to the night before) and we went over there after the parade because they have a canival right there with all the yummy treats, and booths. So we stayed there for about an hour, and headed home just in time for afternoon naps. YAY! And I think that was around 12:30 or 1pm. So we all got some rest then headed over the Nelsons, a good family friend, for a potluck dinner and socializing at 5 or so. We stayed there until 8 pm and put Braden to bed and then Ross, Megan and Adam (their 2 girls) and I went to Jay and Chelsea's to watch fireworks. They live across the street from the Nelsons and they had gotten special permits to have those real good and big fireworks. So we were able to watch them at a comfortable distance and just around family. It was a long and very fun filled day.

I also added pictures from the rodeo the night before. The picture of Ross and Braden looking up is them watching the fireworks.
Also you will see that Braden and Tatum are basically glued together...the people behind us actually thought they were twins!

1 comment:

Hopkins said...

I love all the pics of Braden on the bench with all the girls! Soooo funny! I can't wait until he is out here...I'll man him up for you! :)