Photobucket
"We become what we want to be, by consistantly being what we want to become."

~Richard G. Scott

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Potty Trained!!!

2 weeks ago I started potty training Braden. I was really nervous in doing it because while in Oregon we had been VERY off and on with trying to get him to go on the toilet. But we went to the store and bought some Diego underwear, which Braden picked out, and started that next day. I waited until after he had just wet his diaper in the morning and made the switch. Which of course he was excited to wear his new underwear. And then I set the timer for 30 mins. I tried to stay on the 30 min. schedule like it said in the books, but it didn't really work, he didn't want, or have to go. Luckily he caught on pretty quick in knowing the sensation, and after an accident or two would let me know when he had to go. After about 3 days he was doing really well and I got adventurous and took him to the store. Although I did put a diaper on him....I'm not that adventurous! But he didn't go in his diaper, and just kept asking him if he had to go. I also discovered that he loves to sit backwards on the toilet, if you think about it you'll know why. So I don't have to have a potty seat to take him to the bathroom, which makes taking him in public a breeze. Well minus the having to pretty much strip him down, pretty nasty and difficult in public resrooms. But YAY he is pootty trained! I must admit there is one accident at LEAST every other if not every day. And he still has his moments in the morning, or after nap where he doesn't want to take off his diaper, just being lazy. I'm so proud of him and so surprised at how quickly he got everything down. He is such a good boy.

6 comments:

- said...

how awesome! Im impressed. Im gonna have to try that. I haven't even tried cause Im scared its too soon but Braaden and Berkley are like excatly the same age so Im gonna have to try the 30 minute with maybe princess panties thing. I definatley want her out of diapers by the time the new baby comes so I better get crackin!

Megan and Adam said...

I am so excited for you! Braden is such a big boy, he puts a smile on my face everyime I think of him. Tell him Aunt Megan loves him and can't wait to have the girls play with him in November!

Cassie said...

im so excited to see you guys in ummm.....TWO DAYS!!! How exciting! Congrats to little Braden, you are a great mom linz most moms wait until there boys are going into sunbeams or preschool I swear! So congrats on having the first kid potty trained, no more diapers for you for awhile!!

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

Woohoo!! I can't wait for that day!!

GordonandChrissy said...

Yay for potty training!!! And..I tagged you, check our blog. :)

Diana Taylor said...

congrats great job... sounds like a lot of work still, I am working on getting enough strength for that!