Cashel Alan Jones was born May 1st at 3:30 am!
We were scheduled to go in Friday morning to be checked and then induced on Saturday. But lo and behold 3 in the afternoon on Thursday I started getting contractions every fifteen mins until about 6:30. Ross was thinking that it was false labor since I was still technically a week out. But they kept coming and getting very strong. So we called the Doctor, and Grandma Hopkins and headed to the hospital at 9:30 pm. My progress was checked when we got there and I was already dilated to a 6 and 90% effaced. I started freaking out because I thought I was too far along and wouldn't be able to get me an epidural. I was in lots of pain, and as the nurses later told me they could hear my pain down the hall. :) To my relief I was given my epidural about an hour after we got there. After that the progress slowed way down. And because his heart rate went down every time I pushed they let him come down by himself. When he was down far enough I started pushing and after about 10 mins he was out!
Weighing in at 9 lbs. 7 oz. and 21 1/2 in. long.
O yeah! My mom and Megan were able to be there for the occasion!! Unfortunately only one of them could stay. My mom let Megan stay in since she was there for Braden and she doesn't really like seeing me in pain. So Megan got to stay and be the camera person. Thanks Megan!! The proud parents...

Grandma and Aunt Megan...
Braden and his new baby brother together at last! :)
All my boys!
The whole family
He just couldn't stop looking at him...
Meeting Poppy...
Look at that cute chunky face!
Precious...







13 comments:
Hey, I'm blog-hopping here so hope it's ok. What a cutie!! And so chunky! Wow, you are amazing for having such a big baby. We're diggin' the name ;) Will you call him Cash?
darling!!! Can't wait to meet him in person! I don't think he looks that much like Braden, I am not sure who he looks like. Good job Linz!!
p.s thanks for naming him after me kind of :) At least the first part of our names....Cas?! haha
What a cutie! Glad you got the epidural....I will probably die if I EVER have to give birth without one. Congratulations, he is beautiful!
He is so cute! I can't wait to see him soon! love ya! oh yea it has moved to friday!!!!
I got all teary eyed seeing that last picture of Braden and Cashel! That's ADORABLE and it melts my heart that Braden is so consumed by him! That's to DIE for!! He really is adorable and I feel like he looks like braden SOOO much!! How weird and funny is that!?! I'm glad everything went well and that you were able to get an epidural! I would've DIED if I knew you didn't get to have one! That's a LIFE SAVER!! I will say this again all though I've said it already, I can NOT believe he was THAT big!! That is ONE BIG BABY!!!
He is so stinkin cute! Congratulations! (he really made me baby hungry when I held him)
That last pic is PRICELESS! OMGsh! You have to frame that. Congrats you guys! He is beautiful ;)
that is a huge baby for someone as teeny as you! what the heck?! that's not supposed to happen. you're awesome for getting him out on your own and so fast. and yay for drugs! i'm a huge drug fan...good thing i'm lds or that may have been a big problem for me :)
love the name...he's adorable. i can see the resemblance to braden...can't wait to see how he grows into his own! congratulations...you're very lucky!
Congrats you guys!!! Now you are a family of 4!!! He is precious!!! :)
congrats! I can't believe how big he is! Good thing they let you go early!
Yay! I'm so excited for you! We were out of town this weekend and so I had been thinking about you and wondering if I'd hear the good news when we got back. So glad I did!
I'm so glad you got your epidural ... wow, those are wonderful. :)
And I LOVE the name. I have never heard that before, it's so cute! And Braden and Cashel sound really cute together. Love it. You look wonderful, of course. Your family is adorable! Mommy of two now. Wow.
Congratulations guys!
Post a Comment