Photobucket
"We become what we want to be, by consistantly being what we want to become."

~Richard G. Scott

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Gettin Back in the Groove...

Is it ever going to get back to normal again?!? That is the big question! It has been over 2 weeks now since Cashel has been born. I love him to pieces and am so glad that he is finally here. But my lovely schedule we had is up in smoke. I in all honesty thought I had this schedule for Braden, to give him comfort or whatever...but I need it too! It's been crazy all over the place since our new little guy has come. I forgot how much time newborns take. All I'm doing is nursing him or holding him pretty much all day unless he's awake. Now I absolutely loved this with Braden because he was all I had and who doesn't love cuddling with a newborn?!? But Braden needs attention too. It is so hard to find a balance sometimes. Braden has been doing so well but he is also used to having all the attention from Mom all day. Luckily my mom lives 10 mins away and has come down to help out with the house and taking Cashel so I can play with Braden, and playing with Braden when I need to nurse or do whatever. THANK YOU SO MUCH MOM! I think once Cashel figures out the night time schedule and doesn't need to be held to sleep (yeah I know I am a sucker, I probably should just let him cry....but at least at this point I can't...) it will help a whole lot. I just can't wait till I can get all 3 of us ready in the morning... before noon. I've heard it takes at least 2 months to get back into the swing of things...I can't wait!! :)

OK I'm done. Now some pics!

Coming home! Aunt Megan came that morning and decorated...

Don't look at the belly...I just gave birth!

Up close and personal


Daddy's lovin



Brotherly love

7 comments:

Jen said...

Two kids are a lot of work but I know you'll get into a groove that works for you guys. And hold that new baby as much as you are able to because they grow up too fast. The way I look at it is this, I don't want to look back and think well we had a good schedule but I wish I would have held my babies more or played with them more. It's hard to split your time with 2 kids but you do it and they all survive. I think every mom feels this way but you're doing great!

Bailey Family said...

o boy where do I begin? well it has been 4 months and I'm still not in the swing of things, and my house looks like a tornado has struck. I know that you can do better and it is easer with 2 and it does take about 2 months before he will start sleeping through the night. good luck. if you need anything let me know.

Cassie said...

Oh he is darling you guys! I heard it is hard to just at first but then gets much easier! I bet you are loving having a baby again! Hopefully it will be easier once Ross is done with boards!! I will call you this week!

Kelly Munns said...

oh my gosh, lindsay...he is ADORABLE!!!!! what a sweet looking baby. and i hope you get your schedule back...or at least a schedule! good luck...you're such a sweet mom, i know you'll be fine!

Karlee said...

He's adorable with those little cheeks!!! Thank you for being honest about having a crazy life now with 2! I feel like lately everyone I know who's had baby #2 acts like it's been pretty easy and in my mind, I'm like "HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!" I'm sure things eventually will settle down when you can get in a routine that works for you and getting Cashel on a schedule too!

Megan and Adam said...

I have been waiting for you to post more pictures! He is adorable. I love all his dark hair and chubby cheeks. The pics with Braden are so cute! I can totally remember feeling that way the first couple of months especially anxiety about splitting my time. It's hard but it will get easier, it's nice you have your mom to help. I always figure once you have a baby, really who cares if the house is dirty or you don't get ready for the day, you are also trying to recover yourself. Let it go for a couple of months. Love ya

Erickson Family said...

I am in LOVE with your title pic. That is adorable!!!
It will take some getting used to. It will definately get easier. Usually around the 3 mo mark was when it happened for me, but everyone is different. I will keep you in my prayers. I know that this is a difficult time and yet such a blessed event. It's hard to fully enjoy it when there's so much to be done. Lot's of hugs and kisses to you all. XOXOXO