Earlier this month my Mom Braden and I all took a road trip out to Idaho and Utah, yes I did say ROAD trip. We drove 18 hours with Braden, but is it any surprise to anyone that he did awesome? We did stop a little more than half way to stay the night which helped...along with the portable DVD player which he LOVES to watch. We also made sure we stopped about every 3 hours and just let him run around to get some ya-yas out. Us on the way there...(yes I know, i look pretty scary, concentrate on the cute one in the back)
We first went to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Idaho. It was so much fun to see them and Braden warmed up to both of them SO much faster than he has in the past (which made them so happy!). The first night Braden went out to help in the yard...
And my cousin Topher (Kristopher) came over for Sunday dinner. He was so good with Braden he seriously played with him for hours. I felt kind of bad, but I think they were really having a good time...I know Braden was at least.
And then we had to say goodbye...

And we were on the road again on our way to Utah! We were really excited because Darci had no idea Braden and I were going. She kept asking me to come along but I just kept making up excuses on why I couldn't. We had my Mom go up there first, then a few minutes later Braden and I followed. We knocked on the door and Darci opened it to see us...well me Braden was standing so she didn't see him and she just grabbed me and pulled me inside crying her eyes out and jumping up and down. Little did I know that her door automatically shut so Braden was still outside. He was so scared! He saw his Mom being grabbed from behind and heard screaming, and then the door shut on him!!! LOL needless to say it took awhile for him to warm up to Darci. My mom and I stayed at the Hampton Inn which it is always nice to stay in a hotel and Aunt Mandie came by to see us as much as she could.
We, me Braden Grandma, Darci and Scott all went to the Dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point and also saw a 3D movie on dinosaurs. We also went miniature golfing, out to Old Spaghetti Factory and lots of other fun stuff - - Thanks Grandma Hopkins!!!, for everything! We love you!













1 comment:
HA HA HA!!! I can totally see the look on B's face when the door slammed and his mommy was gone...awww poor boy! That sounds like a fun trip. I have been itching to take a road trip. I don't why, I must've forgot that I have 5 kids, but driving a circle on the island for all those years got me in the mood for a long straight road with a normal speed limit!
Post a Comment