I want to start by saying how blessed we are that Ross got the rotations he did for January and February. He was home a lot of the time, which was perfect considering I wasn't....wanting to do ANYTHING! But, the start of a new month and a new rotation where Ross is working everyday, all day, I've been slowly getting my motivation back! Yay!! Just in time for some good weather too!
Also these past few months have been full of sickness, for all of us. Ross has had a cough/cold for over 7 weeks along with body aches (so grateful he is strong enough to push through and keep on doing what he needs to do). I've had a cough/cold for over 4 weeks, pink eye for 3 days, and just recently am fighting a sinus infection. Braden hasn't had it too bad, just mostly a cough off and on, o yeah he did have an ear infection which he had to get treated. Cashel has had the cough, a fever, and pink eye. UGH! I hate being sick, I hate it when any of us are sick! Hopefully soon we will all recover fully.
Story time!
For FHE a few weeks ago we had a talk on the second coming. Talking about how lions and lambs will play together and wont fight brought about that we wont fight with one another either, and that we'll all be happy. The next day Braden and Cashel were playing and I guess Cashel was mad at Braden for one reason or another, and was hitting him and yelling. Braden just stopped out of frustration and said loudly,
"I wish Jesus was here so Cashel would stop fighting!!"
That night he prayed, "please bless Jesus and Heavenly Father to come so we wont fight..."
And if Ross and I would have a conversation Braden didn't like the sound of, he would repeat this again. He actually prayed for Him to come for a few weeks. I thought it was so stinkin cute!
Snow Days!!
At my parent's house...the 3 men went out and shoveled.
Yeah you could say it was a little cold...
While Amanda and Brandon (her fiancee!!) were here we were of course hit with a snow storm. So Ross and Brandon went out to shovel. These ding dongs obviously didn't think it was too cold, cause Ross didn't have a coat, and Brandon was in shorts!
Braden wanted to go out and help out...isn't he cute?!?Such a good helper...
Old Friends!
A couple of the highlights of the last 2 months was that we were able to spend some time with our closest college friends! First up was Mitch and Cassie with their two little girls, Hallie and Lainey. They came and stayed with us a few days while Mitch was out for an interview for residency. We had such a blast catching up, and it really was like old times! After the kids were in bed we stayed up (not near as late as we used to) and played games, snacked, and chatted away. The kids got along as well. With it being snowy, we sent to 2 older ones out and they had some fun playing in the snow.
Next up were the Hoopers(!) who came a few weeks later. Because they have family near by they came up for a special occasion and were able to squeeze us in for a lunch. It's been about 4 years since we saw Kent, and a year or so since we've seen Karlee and Boston, and it was our first time to meet little Hudson! So fun to talk and catch up! Hopefully next time we can hang out longer and let the kiddos run around.
Nutella!
Apparently I'm not the only one in love with this yumminess...
Naughty Little Boy!
Braden forgot to put his markers aways when he was done with them, and Cashel decided he needed a little fun with markers too! I found his scribbles in the hall (and stairs)...
in Braden's room...
and on his hands...
Valentine's Day!
Since we weren't going to see my parent's on V-day, they gave them their presents early. Cashel got a pillow pet, and Braden got kid's Yahtzee, candy, and a container to hold his cars. The kids loved the gifts! (in fact the first thing Cashel did was throw that animal on the floor and jump on it burying his face in it) So on V-day, I made pancakes. Some were regular color with valentine sprinkles and the others were pink hearts. Well...NOT a hit. Braden does NOT like pink, and thought the sprinkles were crunchy. After breakfast, I gave the boys their presents. I made them hooded towels...I even made Braden's in green, his favorite color. Another miss. Apparently after what my parents gave him he was expecting something much more spectacular. O well...sorry babe! Not made out of money here! :) So our V-day didn't really turn out as I'd hoped, although we did have a nice family dinner of spaghetti and meatballs! The next day my parent's watched the boys while Ross and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings...YUM!
Ok I think (and hope!) that's all!







2 comments:
oh how fun! wich we were all in driving distance and could ahve a reunion and play games! Congrats on the baby news thats exciting! glad to see your all well and things are going good for you guys : ) take care -Em
So good to see y'all! I totally think you should put Dallas on your list of possible places to settle down after residency! ;) I think we all need to plan a fun trip together soon!!!!!
Post a Comment