Here's a couple of highlights...and maybe a "lowlight" of the past couple of weeks...
Of course Braden and I made our yearly cherry Valentine's cupcakes...YUM! He helped make and even pour them into the papers. Then I frosted and Braden sprinkled.
he just dumped on the red...he likes red, can you tell?
We had a Valentine's party, and card exchange at the library reading time and then on Friday at playgroup! Then on Sunday I made heart-shaped breadsticks and some red velvet cupcakes with a chocolate frosting! Great Grandma/pa Dayton sent the boys surprise presents! Braden got chocolate covered animal cookies, and Cashel a little stuffed dog, it was so unexpected and much loved! And Granda and Poppy got each boy a dancing and singing animal, as well a chocolate sented teddy bear. They got Ross and I some beautiful pillows for our front room!
Braden has been working on his articles of faith and knows his first 2 and almost has the 3rd down!
The other day after feeding Braden and Cashel lunch, I was doing dishes with Cashel still in his high chair when I heard him gaging. I didn't think too much of it because he is always putting his fingers in his mouth causing him to gag. But he kept gaging and it turned into choking! So I pull him from his chair flip him over, and pat him hard on the back. After 3/4 pats he throws up and this was in there...(sorry if you have a weak stomach!)
A blue sparkle sequence thingy that's a little smaller than a dime. In the moment I just acted, but thinking back it was scarey, granted he was still breathing, just not well...but SCAREY for me!
And lastely, my latest project of making a new cover for my high cair.
Before:
And after:
A close up of the fabric:
Brown and green to match my kitchen...I love how it turned out! So much bettter than before. It feels so good to get projects done!







4 comments:
o my goodness Lindsey! You chair looks brand new!! you are such a great seamstress. I could take a few lessons from you before I go! I guess I should by a foot for my machine. it is kind of useless.
Glad cashel is ok and Brayden looks like he is in heaven with those cupcakes!
I'm impresssed with Braden! I can't believe he can repeat 2 of the articles of faith already!! VERY IMPRESSIVE! Good for him! AND look at your talent of recovering that highchair! I would've never THOUGHT to do that! It looks GREAT! By the way, seeing your cupcakes for vday makes me think how STUPID I am that I didn't do that. I always want to make SUGAR COOKIES which I feel takes SOO much work! With cupcakes its the same thing just LESS work. You can still FROST AND DECORATE!!! Why didn't I think of that?!?
Oh my goodness that would be so scary! I love the fabric for the high chair! By the way where are the thing you were sewing for me? Lol Love ya!
Great job, I agree! It looks so cute! I love the fabric.
And I'm so impressed that he knows the 1st and 2nd A of F already. What a cutie. :)
Post a Comment