Photobucket
"We become what we want to be, by consistantly being what we want to become."

~Richard G. Scott

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Boys

Disclaimer:
IT’S BRAGGING TIME! I absolutely love my 2 boys and they both make me so happy! I think it's time to do a little (or big-sorry!) up date on them (much of it is for memory sake). I don’t know how I am so lucky to have these boys in my life (and yes, Ross is included in that).

BRADEN
This little…I mean big boy, is really, truly such a joy. Now up to now he has been such an angel, always doing what he should and obeying whatever he is told. And now, I think he is definitely becoming a boy through and through. He is still obedient…for the most part, but he testing the limits now, seeing what we’ll let him get away with. He cracks us up daily with what he says and does. He continues to get even smarter. Braden loves doing school every day (we have a work book that he works in). He can write all of the letters of the alphabet and knows each of their sounds. He loves to spell words by sounding them out. One thing he says a lot lately is, "I don't want to stand up either sit down, I just want to eat!" (or "I just want a snack!") He is a snacker, much like his daddy and would rather have snacks all day instead of meals, luckily though he is a good eater and eats pretty much any meal I give him (he still has his days but we always make him have at least a bite). We have dancing parties and our favorite song is "My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson. We dance and jump around and sing like no other when that song comes on. He is silly, sweet, loving, crazy, easy-going, fun, just an amazing little boy.
CASHEL
(check out the bed head after his nap)
Where to start with this little one. He is now 9 months old, and is learning a lot right now. He’s crawling, and just today going up the stairs (yikes!!). He is still loves to eat, if someone in his eye shot is eating, he wants to be apart of it, even if had had just eaten. They say babies wont over eat?...not this boy, he just eats and eats, and then will throw it up later. Don't wory I've learned so I limit him. : ) His menu has now expanded to finger foods, but because there is still no teeth we have to make sure they are mushable. He doesn’t like going down for his naps anymore, (good at night still) and fights it like crazy even though he’s so tired that he will keep collapsing on my chest but force himself to sit back up. He likes to pull himself up to furniture, especially to the ones that have items on them that we’re trying to keep out of his reach. He also is now standing in his crib when he wants to get out, or if he wakes up, which means I can no longer just let him cry in the middle of the night to fall back to sleep. woo hoo He says mama, dada, buba (we say it's for Braden :] ). He is a mama's boy through and through! He follows me from room to room, and where ever we go, he has to have mom, even around family. When he's in a good mood he'll go to others though, which I take full advavtage of. Despite him being a mama's boy, he absolulty LOVES his Daddy. When Ross gets home he gets so excited and wont quiet down till he is holding him, Ross loves it! He's getting better at playing by himself which helps me a lot, until he notices I'm doing something productive and insists that he needs to be held. Haha. Cahsel gives high fivesm and is figuring out how to clap. Right now he goes between clapping his closed fists and having one open and one closed. He went to the Doctor's the other day and is doing great. Here are his stats:
Weight: 22.1 lbs (75-90%)
Height: 31" (100%)
Head: 17 3/4" (50-75%)
Did I mention how much I love these 2 monkeys?

2 comments:

GordonandChrissy said...

Oh, they are so cute!

I am so impressed that Braden already knows his letters and sounds. That is awesome! You must be doing a good job teaching him. :)

I just want to squish Cashel's little cheeks. They are so cute!

S and RA Beazer said...

You have such darling little boys. I especially like the one you used for the header. it is so nice to know that you folks are doing so well.