Cashel had 3 days of celebration for his third birthday! On the Sunday before his brthday, we had a few friends over to play and share some cake with us.
Monday we went to Chick-fil-a (Cashel's favorite) then headed over to Grandma and Poppy's for presents and some cake balls!(The one in the front is a monster)
Love his face in this one!
On Tuesday (his actual birthday) we (my Mom-who treated us- me and Cashel, went to the T-Rex Restaurant. The last time we came here he loved it, the huge dinos, the huge bugs, but this time he was kind of nervous about it all. But he LOVED all the big fish tanks.
The servers brought him this treat and sang to him. This is the face he made through the song, haha!!
But as soon as they left he was all smiles
After lunch my mom let Cashel make a dinosaur in the Build-a-Dino workshop. Picking the heart..Putting it in his dinosaur, who he named Odie...
Stuffing him...
Giving him a bath...
He had such a fun time! Thanks Grandma Hopkins :) We ended the day by going to Braden's T-ball practice where Cashel was able to play on the play ground.
STATS:
Weight: 38.8 lbs...96%
Height: 38 3/4 in...72%
We absolutely love our Cashel. He is such a crazy, LOUD, rambunctious ball of energy. He is also such a tender, sweet boy who loves to love on his family. He tells us thank you for such little things and will randomly tells us he loves us (me, Ross, and even Braden and Jace).
Here are a few stories about our loving, and crazy Cashel:
**The other day I reupholstered our kitchen chair, and Cashel came, sat on my lap, wrapped his arms around me, and said, "I love the chair mom, thank you, I love you." How sweet is that??
**After lunch, I was nursing Jace on the couch and Cashel had jumped down from his chair and I told him he needed to go wash his hands. He turned around went to the table, grabbed his water bottle, and started turning it over onto his hand, I told him calmly to stop and my voice increasingly got loader as the bottle tilting more, and more. It was as if he didn't hear a thing, and before I knew it, water was all over the floor and Cashel was sad because I had yelled. I had to explain that I wasn't mad but was just trying to stop him before spilling the water.
**We've had multiple times where he has put the whole roll of toilet paper in the toilet. Apparently I'm not getting across how bad this is to him.
**We have a blueberry bush and have been watching as the berries have come and started turning colors. Finally one morning 3 of them were about ready to pick. We went out later that day to pick one, and they were gone....the birds got them!! Cashel was not happy and yelled his deep yell at those birds telling them how bad they were, and then growled at them. Haha.
**He seeks out mud. He doesn't just touch it either, he smears it all over.
**He's been having a problem with biting. He's bit Braden out of anger/frustration more than a few times, and has drawn blood once or twice. But what really got me, is that while I was holding Jace, C got excited and bit J's foot! And it was hard enough to leave a deep impression! So sad hearing J scream/cry like that. I know many people bite their kids, but I couldn't do that, so I made him bite himself, and no it probably wasn't really hard, but it got the point across, and I'm happy to say there hasn't been any biting since.
**He loves taking baths (not a huge fan of showers). One time, he dumped out all of J's baby soap into the water. It was half full.
**He is potty trained, for the most part. He wont do #2 on the toilet. He tells me when he has to go and gets a pull-up. I've tried making him sit on the toilet, but he just holds it in, gets constipated, and goes at night (still wears pull-up at night), but because he is constipated it hurts him like crazy! So, he goes in the pull-up.
**He still likes to cuddle. And still likes to play with my arm (he squeezes my skin, and pinches it too). And it might be strange, but I like that he still does it, and I'll be sad when we stops.**We sing the Barney, "I Love You" song at every nap, and we count down from 5 while he plays with my arm.
**He yells. All the time. Yelling is his "inside" voice. I don't know how to stop this.
**He is very dramatic, and whinie lately. Sometimes he takes naps, sometimes it helps. Other times it makes things much worse.
**He loves his Daddy and any attention he can get from him.
**Loves being tickled, softly, the kind that feels good.
**Loves his brothers, and loves playing with them. He absolutely loves it when Braden gets home, and looks forward to it all day.







3 comments:
happy bday Cashel!!!! Linz your hair is so long! I love it, I don't think I have ever seen your hair long before! How fun! I just cut mine all off. His bday looked like a lot of fun
What a fun birthday! Lots of celebrating, just like it should be. :)
I agree, your hair looks awesome! Are you all in your new house now? Are you loving it?!?
Happy bday, Cashel. I loved all of the little tid bits about him. Super cute and funny - especially the "he yells ... all the time." ha. He sounds like a funny and sweet little guy. :)
PS Spencer is exactly the same on potty training - if you figure out how to get him to poop on the potty, let me know!
Happy Birthday Cashel! Love reading all the stories about him! He seems like a tough yet sweet boy! Wish we all lived closer so our kids could play!!!!
Post a Comment